10 Seaweed Sheets – 김밥김
2 carrots – 2개 당근
3 eggs – 3개 달걀
160g crab sticks – 160g 게맛살
~300g Smoked Fish Ham – ~300g 스모크연육햄
~300g Pickled Radish – ~300g 단무지
Small marinated spinach banchan – 시금치나물
4 x 210g pkts cooked rice with barley – 4 x 210g 찰보리밥
Sesame seed and sesame oil for garnish – 참깨& 참기름
1. Cook the rice in the microwave (3 min/pkt). Season with sesame seeds and sesame oil, then let the rice cool. [전자레인지 – microwave]
2. Beat the eggs and cook in a frying pan. [휘젓다 – to beat, whisk (eggs)]
3. Jullienne the fish ham, crab stick, carrots and egg into long thin slices. [얇게 썰다 – to be thinly sliced]
4. Lay out a sheet of seaweed on a sushi roller, and put rice thinly on the top, leaving a little room on one end for the other ingredients.
5. Put on some of the carrot, crab stick, fish ham, radish and spinach on the end of the seaweed sheet.
6. Roll up your kimbap, folding the ingredients side first over the rice. Make sure its tight. Set aside and roll up the other 9 kimbaps.
7. Rub some sesame oil on the outsides of the kimbap and sprinkle on some sesame seeds. Slice up your kimbap and enjoy ^^ [뿌리다 – to sprinkle, scatter]
You can also put other ingredients like cucumber, avocado, fish cake, tuna and bulgogi on your kimbap.